SCOREcast No. 30: The Gloves Come Off
Co-hosts: Deane Ogden and Brian Ralston
SCOREcast theme composed by: Jeroen “Kejero” Rogier
SCOREcast announcer: Jeff Rechner
The boys are back, they’re mad as hell, and they’re not gonna take it anymore!
In this episode, things get pretty heated as Deane and Brian hash through some controversial topics including the new composer agency at WME, UJam’s songwriting software being actively endorsed by the Zimmer camp, and a recap of recent unionization news. Finally, in a segment that will be valuable to most people struggling to get started in the business, Deane and Brian dissect a real-life scenario regarding the right way to begin a professional media composing career. Add to that a look inside the creation of Cinesamples’ Cinebrass library as well as our ever popular Top Picks segment, and you’ve got an episode that packs a pretty powerful punch. With almost 90 minutes of rapid-fire content, this episode is one you are not going to want to miss!
Weigh in on this episode! We want to hear your thoughts—Log into the COMMENTS below to leave your opinions and participate in the discussion!
Have a question or a comment you’d like addressed on-air? There are now two ways to do it:
1) Send Deane and Brian an email at email@example.com
2) Call the SCOREcast Hotline and leave a voicemail at (757) SCORE-60 [757-726-7360]
*Note: By leaving a voice recording on the hotline or submitting your question via email, you are hereby granting SCOREcastOnline.com permission to re-broadcast/re-read your message on the air in a future episode of the SCOREcast Podcast. However, SCOREcastOnline.com makes no guarantee that your audio or email message will be used in a broadcast.
- The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency (Hollywood film composer talent agency)
- William Morris Endeavor (Hollywood talent and literary agency)
- uJam (Intuitive self-arranging software)
- Celemony Melodyne (Polyphonic music separation software)
- Taxi.com (Online independent A&R service)
- Association of Media Composers and Lyricists, aka “The AMCL” (Hollywood composer unionization effort)
- The AMCL on Facebook
- Cinesamples’ “CineBrass” (Hollywood brass library for Kontakt)
- American Federation of Musicians, aka “AFofM” (Musicians’ union)